IndefiniteArticles
Sunday, January 21, 2007
 
2007 so far
Last Friday I was at a movie night where I left when the movie started. "Rough day?" someone asked. "Rough year, so far" I replied.

This may be the year that I buy a car, a house, and go to Europe.

But so far this has just been the year that my grandfather had a stroke on the night before we were supposed to have brunch for my aunts birthday. The year that my family and extended came together from miles and miles away. In cars and planes. The year that I have spent more time in the hospital than all my other years put together. And when I have thought more about life and death and living wills and purpose. When I have cried so much I had that crying headache for days. And when teaching has become a blur and an escape.

My grandfather is still with us, and we wait to see what God has in store for the next weeks, months, and years.

Labels: ,


|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com