IndefiniteArticles
Saturday, August 12, 2006
 
Why would you lick stamps?
During homeroom on Monday I rushed through the required reading of the student handbook because I wasn't sure how long it would take. So then we had about half and hour to kill. So I got out my book of lateral thinking puzzles.

The puzzle scenario was something like A kidnapper sent a ransome note but didn't sign it. He was caught. How? The solution is that he left his DNA on the stamp.

One student asked, "Why would you lick a stamp?" So then I felt old... or no... more like they were really young. I explained how stamps used to have to be licked; they were not stickers. Then this led to a funny moment where a girl said that she always licked her stamps. You don't have to?
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com