IndefiniteArticles
Tuesday, June 07, 2005
 
Thoughts during an ice cream sandwich break...
I am working on the capstone project. I am working on the Needs Assessment section, in which I need to explain in simple terms and in less that one page what tagging is, what social bookmarking is, how it is related to but totally different than traditional library classification.

I think I am trying to avoid Wikipedia, because I am not sure that I know how to cite it, and I'm not sure that I want to open an can of worms. But finding sources other than Wikipedia and blogs is hard. There are a few articles, but not much. Scratch that. I hadn't even looked. Lazy me. There are three articles at first glance. I'm sure I can use them.

The hard thing is getting this short and sweet. This is not the focus of my project. I just need enough information to bring my audience up to speed. That hard to do because 1) I am having to remember to keep my vocabulary simple. I said that you can subscribe to certain tags. Which, I'm sure makes little sense if you don't have a basic understanding of what RSS is. And 2) I want to talk and talk and talk. How can I condense this into one page? A few paragraphs? Dissertations are being written/have been written/will be written about this stuff. And 3) I am NO expert and surely I will get something wrong.

And yet I continue...
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com