IndefiniteArticles
Sunday, June 12, 2005
 
interesting del.icio.us news
Through the del.icio.us discussion group today I learned:

1: private posts are definately on the way, once the time is right to put the site down again.

2: cool things are happening with specific file types. If a file is an mp3, it will get a special, automatic tag: "system:filetype:mp3". And so on with other file types.
RSS feeds that have one of those system tags added will automatically become a rss-with-enclosures file.

To my understanding, this means if a video, mp3, etc. is entered into del.icio.us, the RSS feed will have a button "enclosure" that when pressed leads you directly to the audio. Pretty cool. To test this out I subscribed to "http://del.icio.us/tag/system:media:audio" and also downloaded iPodder, something that I had heard about but hadn't really gotten into.

So while working on my capstone project I have gotten to listen to cool mp3s, podcasts, and other audio.

Technorati Tags: , ,
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com