IndefiniteArticles
Saturday, June 04, 2005
 
I have deplorable reading habits and I don't like surprises.
Putting those two together is not a good combination. If I don't read a book in one sitting (that's how I prefer to read. In one sitting. Sit down. Read. Finish. Get up.) then I have to skim ahead a few chapters so that I ruin the next few chapters so that I can tell myself that it is ok to get up. I don't like being left in suspense about what is going to happen.

I was just reading a book and needed to get up and make a smoothie. So I read ahead a few chapters. But then that just wasn't enough. I had to go over to the friendly Amazon and read the synopses of the next two books of the series and ruin those entire books.

I think this has something to do with the fact that I don't like surprises. Before I would ever see the movie Signs, my dad told me everything that would happen. I knew when to cringe in advance or close my eyes.

Issues. I have issues.
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com