IndefiniteArticles
Tuesday, April 05, 2005
 
Smoothie and chocolate times
I am sitting here drinking a smoothie, with the window open and a 78 degree breeze blowing through the room. I am having a smoothie as I have had every day since buying my new blender. (Today's variety is Straw-orange-pine-banana-cocunut and yogurt, as opposed to yesterday which had blueberries and no banana.)I sip and drink and pretend I am in an exotic beach or somewhere fun and sandy. Smoothies means summer is coming. During the summer I could drink a smoothie every day. And I do. I drink them until I am totally sick of them. And then it is hot chocolate time.

Hot chocolate is warm and yummy. Made fresh on the stove with milk, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, and vanilla. With my hot chocolate I pretend I am in a log cabin surrounded with snow. I drink it all winter. I probably had it at least thirty times since January, made one mug at a time. Then one day, I tried it and it made me hot and clammy instead of warm and fuzzy. It had changed from hot chocolate time to smoothie time.

So my freezer is stocked with frozen banana pieces, high-pulp orange juice cubes, strawberries, blueberries, and crushed pineapple cubes. I will replenish to last me through the summer. I like to buy the fresh strawberries when they are on sale at the store and freeze them myself. But someday, strawberries will go out of season and then my stock in the freezer will run out. And then I know I will quit buying yogurt and stock up on my cocoa and vanilla and prepare for the cooler days ahead.
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com