IndefiniteArticles
Friday, February 04, 2005
 
Righty Tighty Lefty Loosey
1. Thanks to IKEA, my apartment is much more "apartment" and a lot less "temporary storage facility". Thats because I don't have to be rich, just smart. I now have a desk and a cool shelving unit. I put them all together today. The hard part, of course, was bringing the dense boxes out of the car. I thought I was going to break, they were so heavy. But it was a nice workout.

2. The library is fun. I enjoy working with the librarians and meeting some of the other teachers. I like the students and helping them. I don't always feel like I am doing a lot, but I know just the act of being there is doing and learning a lot. But when I actually get to do something small like showing someone where a book is, it feels fantastic.

3. Today I went in search of a library in Austin that was actually open. They have this lack of money thing that means the lirbaries are not open 7 days a week. They take turns being closed. Today about half of the libraries were closed. Apparently today is not a very popular day for library outings.

4. I am scared about finding a job. What else is new. So I pray and hope and pray some more. And when I get that job I pray I will be ready.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com