IndefiniteArticles
Friday, February 18, 2005
 
Does this purchase count?
Last night, I was feeling pretty good with $12 in my wallet and then I got a $100 check from the apartment locating service. And a nice letter asking me to remember them when my lease comes up for renewal. Heck, yeah I will remember you. Didn't you accompany the beg letter with a check for three digits?

Anyway, I felt rich! As I was driving to the Stampin' Up! party that I was invited to last night, I daydreamed about what I should buy. Buy! I could go shopping! I could buy a couch that would solve all of my back issues and my can't-possibly-have-more-than-two- people-over-if-they-all-want-to-sit-upright issues. Ok, so $100 wouldn't buy a whole couch, but it would be a start.

I arrived at the Stampin' Up! party and got a little giddy looking at all of the stamps and paper and supplies. How fun! And I left the Stampin' Up! party owing the consultant 60% of my new $100.

But that is still a net gain of about $40, right? Maybe. Maybe not if you look to my slight problem of paying my rent check with an account that had been closed for a year and a half. Oops. The funniest part was the official letter from the apartment people (folded in half and slid in my door, giving me the impression that I had been invited somewhere cool or I had a secret admirer or something) that said that I had insufficient funds. Insufficient. This was way past insufficient, people. Insufficient is when you write a check for $400 and you only have $350 in your account. My check was more than hot, past on fire. There was not even any ash left in that account.

Back to my finances. The net gain of $40 turned into a net loss of $10 when you count the $50 fee for having a worthless check pay my rent. So do I have a right to spend the $12 in my wallet or is it really just $2?

But on the other hand, I didn't get a speeding ticket today. That probably saved me about $150. And I didn't get in a wreck, or get sick and have to go to the doctor or get medicine. So really, I AM RICH!
|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com