IndefiniteArticles
Sunday, October 17, 2004
 
Windshields and salted butter...
Yesterday morning as I walked out the door towards my car on the way to work, I discovered yet another reason to be happy to be moving to Texas: less cold days. I LOVE cold weather, but what I do *not* love is waiting for the windows to defrost when I do not have time to wait for the windows to defrost. So yesterday morning I drove with the windows open so that I could see outside and not get in an accident. And it will only get worse. The windshields will get really frosted with a sheet of ice, not just some foggy water. If I have to drive with the windows open, it will be bitterly cold. Until January....

When I got to work, it was cold there too, but all was good. I made an upside down Apple Pumpkin Cake. It was very easy to make. It baked, I took it out of the oven, and gave it to a customer. I tried it a second after she had and my mouth rejected it. It was truly revolting. Poor customer lady ate the whole thing. I asked her how it was and she said it was good. I asked her if she thought it was too salty. She said, hmm, maybe so. Maybe so? Certainly! It was disgustingly salty! She asked if perhaps I had used the salted butter instead of the sweet cream, unsalted butter. Hehe, if only that were the problem. No, no, I had used 1/3 cup of salt instead of 1/3 cup of sugar. I offered the customer a cup of water, threw the entire cake in the trash, wrote "SALT!" on the clear, unlabeled bag containing the salt-or-sugar-substance, and started a new cake, which turned out quite well.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com