IndefiniteArticles
Thursday, October 07, 2004
 
Travels
Last week I went on a 10-day whirl wind trip -o- Texas. I returned home to find Kansas in the fabulous season of fall with great cool weather that actually calls for jeans and three-quarter length shirts (as opposed to just wearing them because). But the fabulous weather is another story.

In Texas, I saw some of my bestest friends in the world. We caught up, we laughed, we cried. And again we said goodbye and returned to our respective states and cities.

I also met up with the librarians -- the ones who were taking a while to contact me, ya those librarians. And .... drum roll please..... I have a mentor! Well that at least is true I get accepted into the teaching cert. program and actually move down there. I am crossing all of my fingers and toes.

The HS library was bustling when I arrived. There were kids everywhere! And they were... get this... USING THE LIBRARY! They were studying, listening to the librarian, taking notes, using the computer lab, looking for a pleasure reading book, or just quietly hanging out. It was amazing. Especially considering what I was used to seeing and what I experienced in high school. I am more excited than anything to actually get to work in this library. Well work without pay that is. What an experience! And the librarian is eager to see what new things I can teach her about to keep them current. That is what she said in an email to her principal and library supervisor. How awesome!

I also discovered in Texas that I LOVE looking at apartments. That could be my new profession I believe. I found myself looking at expensive, luxury apartments. Things I cannot possibly afford. But boy was it fun to daydream!


|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com